- Comfortably write your code in an object-oriented way with high level abstractions, while having access to deep integrations with GNOME technolgies such as: GObject, GTK and more!
- Vala compiles code down to blazingly fast, fully native binaries. You're also able to reuse existing C Code in your Vala programs as well as generate C Code from Vala.
- Vala is free and open-source software. It has a great community that contributes to the compiler and develops lots of tooling.
- Tooling Documentation
What can you build?
- Perfect integration of GTK, Libadwaita and Granite makes development super simple. Publish easily your apps on Flathub without bloated packages.
Command Line Programs
- Use a large standard library and use loads of other libraries available for use in Vala.
- Provide bindings from many other languages and API documentation without manual work. Also, dynamic and static linking are both supported.
What's new?View Blog
ShowcaseView More Vala Projects
- Ask questions related to Vala in the GNOME Discourse forums under the "vala" tag.
- Discourse Forums
- Talk to the developers or ask questions about how to contribute to Vala, use the Vala Matrix channel. It also has a IRC bridge.
- Matrix Room
- Connect with the community on the Discord server.
- Discord Server
Follow the Vala project across these platforms: