- Comfortably write your code in an object-oriented way with high level abstractions, while having access to deep integrations with GNOME technolgies such as: GObject, GTK and more!
- Vala compiles code down to blazingly fast, fully native binaries. You're also able to reuse existing C Code in your Vala programs as well as generate C Code from Vala.
- Vala is free and open-source software. It has a great community that contributes to the compiler and develops lots of tooling.
- Tooling Documentation
What can you build?
- Perfect integration of GTK, Libadwaita and Granite makes development super simple. Easily publish your apps on Flathub without bloated packages.
Command Line Programs
- Use a large standard library and use loads of other libraries available for use in Vala.
- Provide bindings for many other languages and API documentation without manual work. Also, dynamic and static linking are both supported.
What's new?View Blog
The thoughtful, capable, and ethical replacement for Windows and macOS
Native Linux App for UI and UX Design built in Vala and GTK
Dynamic instrumentation toolkit for developers, reverse-engineers, and security researchers
A painless way to browse and play your retro games library
A graphical frontend for Hamachi on Linux
The modern desktop environment for everyone on anything
- Ask questions related to Vala in the GNOME Discourse forums under the 'vala' tag.
- Discourse Forums
- Talk to the developers or ask questions about how to contribute to Vala, use the Vala Matrix channel. It also has a IRC bridge.
- Matrix Room
- Connect with the community on the Discord server.
- Discord Server
Follow the Vala project across these platforms