// Compile command (requires gtk4 package to be installed):
// valac --pkg gtk4 ExampleApp.vala
- Comfortably write your code in an object-oriented way with high level abstractions, while having access to deep integrations with GNOME technologies such as: GObject, GTK and more!
- Vala compiles code down to blazingly fast, fully native binaries. You're also able to reuse existing C Code in your Vala programs as well as generate C Code from Vala.
- Vala is free and open-source software. It has a great community that contributes to the compiler and develops lots of tooling.
- Tooling Documentation
What can you build?
- Perfect integration of GTK, Libadwaita and Granite makes development super simple. Easily publish your apps on Flathub without bloated packages.
Command Line Programs
- Use a large standard library and many third-party libraries available for use in Vala.
- Provide bindings for many other languages and API documentation without manual work. Also, dynamic and static linking are both supported.
What's new?View Blog
Current VersionsHow to install
Browse the Fediverse
Learn and prototype with Vala and other GNOME technologies
A modern open-source chat client for the desktop. Focuses on providing a clean and reliable Jabber/XMPP experience while having your privacy in mind.
Manage processes and monitor system resources
Copy Text from Images with ease, Perform OCR operations in seconds.
System restore tool for Linux. Creates filesystem snapshots using rsync+hardlinks, or BTRFS snapshots.
- Ask questions related to Vala in the GNOME Discourse forums under the 'vala' tag.
- Discourse Forums
- Talk to the developers or ask questions about how to contribute to Vala, use the Vala Matrix channel. It also has a IRC bridge.
- Matrix Room
- Connect with the community on the Discord server.
- Discord Server
Follow the Vala project across these platforms